Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I am finally getting around to posting some pictures and all that good stuff.
We had an awesome Christmas! We stayed in town this year, and it was very nice and low-key. My parents had John, Madilyn and I over and we did our traditional fondue... which was so much fun! I look forward to it every year. My sister and her husband came down from NC on Christmas Eve (after we were in bed) and Madilyn opened 1 gift on Christmas Eve before going to bed, and it was a baby doll from her Grama and Papa. She LOVED it, it was so cute. She kept kissing it over and over again. So sweet! Then, Christmas morning my brother got off of work and headed over (he was on night shift) and we all opened gifts. John's family has a tradition of having english muffins with ham, cheese and mayo on it. So, I made that... and then for the rest of the family I attempted to make Eggs Benedict, since it's pretty close in it's ingredients. Well... lets just say that was interesting. Next year I will get an egg poacher, and I will try a little bit harder to find a jar of hollandaise sauce. It didn't turn out quite as good as I was hoping, but everyone was a good sport and gobbled it up. :) We spent some great family time the whole weekend, and went to the lights at the zoo. It was so fun to be with family and remember the true reason for the season. I am looking forward to sharing the Bible reading of the story of Jesus' birth with Madilyn when she gets older.
Here's some pictures to enjoy!

I thought this picture was too cute. She is eating her first animal cracker from Grama that she got in her stocking

Here Madilyn is helping us with the tree stand... :)
Here is Madilyn opening her very first Christmas gift on Christmas Eve... she just talked and talked to that baby doll

and gave it kisses
ok, this picture should be at the top, but it's her opening the gift...

Well, I will post more later, but for now this will have to be it. Madilyn woke up from her nap, and she desperately wants to help with typing... here's a quick note from her...
erd
fc fc g v8gbnm cn SA A KHAxlkmwio ej

No comments:

Post a Comment