Monday, November 15, 2010

We Are MOVING!!!!

Well... we WILL be moving! :)
Let me give you some background. Ok, if any of you know me, you know that I have been wanting to move to Northeast Columbia for over a year. John and I bought our current house in November '07 about a year after we got married. We both worked near Lexington, it was just the two of us, and a 1150 sq ft home was perfect! We love the neighborhood, neighbors, it's near a school, etc. But then, both of our jobs moved to northeast Columbia... we had a baby... John's pay got cut (2x!), I reduced my hours, etc. So, we cut back... we went down to one car, we cut our cable, eat out less, shop w/coupons or at Aldi, we make sacrifices to make our life financially a little less stressful. Now, I went to John saying, can we please sell our house and move to northeast Columbia, near our jobs, near my mom (who watches Madi while I work) and near everything else we do? Having only 1 car, I am in the car driving for about 2 1/2 hours a day, and it's getting pretty old. He said ok, lets try. This was about a year ago... We were told no, basically in all turns. From God, from mortgage companies, etc... it wasn't gonna happen. So, resentfully, I gave up. I was upset... I admit it, I wanted to move! But I had to quietly trust God that he knew what was best.
So, earlier this year I wanted to try to move again. I asked John, he checked on a few things and we even went and spoke with a financial advisor... and he said, it wouldn't be the best decision right now. AAGGH, I was so mad!! I was like, are you SURE?! Man... looking back I was just so persistant! HA! So... I finally prayed and said, "Lord, give me a content heart. Make me see your will and your path for us. Help me appreciate what you have already given me, and be thankful for the quiet time in the car, and the beautiful home we currently have." So... that was it. God gave me peace, and I was learning to be content. I knew if we had to, I could live in our current place for as long as I needed to. It's a great home, just not in the place I wanted it to be. About 1 month after I thanked God and became content with our current situation, thanking HIM for what HE has provided (with HIS help) John's granddad called us. He said, "I'd like to give you your inheritance, but I want it to be physical, not in cash... so I'd like to buy you a house...". WHAT?!?! He was so nonchalant about it! I guess him being 89 and not knowing if he'll live another 11 or 15 years or not, he wants to make sure his grandson gets his inheritance, but also wants to help us out now. It's like God was making us wait so that we could see just how great and powerful HE is. So we could see how HE can provide in our greatest time of need, if only we'll wait and see. SO... we are on the hunt for a house! The first house we fell in love with, they didn't accept our offer... :( BUT, that just means there is something better that GOD is saving for us. If ever in my life, I believe that NOW! We put a bid in on a second house yesterday, we'll see what happens! Please pray for us that we will be wise, and search for God's will, be respectful of John's granddad, and find a great home that we can live in for a VERY long time!
2 Corinthians 12:9 .... to God be the Glory! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this story. God is Good. Thank God for Grandfathers. :)

    ReplyDelete