Thursday, June 27, 2013

It was too overwhelming to think about posting.... so I'm not gonna try and catch up, I'll post about now!

Oh man it's been a while! Every time I thought about posting again, it was just too much to think about! It's been so long, and a lot has happened. So... I'll post about NOW. :)

Levi is 20 months old! He'll be 2 in October. He is BUSY!! Being busy means that he's smart though! He's saying a few words, not like Madilyn, but he's a boy, and a second child, and Madilyn likes to speak FOR him! :) He communicates a lot buy yelling @ me, or screeching and pointing. It's not very pleasant, and I'm hoping he figures out a new way to communicate soon. I know a lot of it is out of frustration, but still. Whoo! He will come and get me, get my attention, point and have me follow him, and he points things out and kind of grunts to get what he wants. That's a bit better. He can say "A-ma" for Grama, Papa, Ma for mommy, Mamama for Madi (I think, sounds similar to mommy... and a few other things for that matter), "mo" for more, momo for marshmallow :), truck (kind of), hi, bye-bye, dada, bus, aaah none for all done,  wa for water, juice, ha for hot.... He makes sounds for a lot of things. He understands way more than he can say too. I can tell him, "Levi, go put this in the garbage in the kitchen", and he will!!!  He can make an animal sound for monkey, dog, horse, cat, cow... and a couple others I can't think of at the moment...OH! TIGER!! :) He even crawls around pawing @ the air and growling when I tell him to be a tiger. :) SO CUTE! He likes to make the "engine sound" for all cars and trucks. His favorite are motorcycles though. LOVES them!!! He'll also say "beep beep" for a car or truck. Loves those big semi-trucks too. He's a great walker, and is trying to run. He'll try to jump too, but hasn't done it successfully yet. He loves to play with cars and our train set that the kids got for Christmas. His favorite toys though are definitely cars and trucks. The more buttons and noise, the better. Because of his allergies, what he eats is pretty limited. We do a lot of smoothies and baby food squeeze packs to get in all of his veggies and fruits. He eats a lot of the Purdue simple chicken nuggets (most other brands have dairy) and oatmeal, malto-meal, quinoa, trader joes hot dogs (if in the mood), veggie straws, homemade meatballs, etc. Recently his egg allergy got worse than before, and he isn't even tolerating something with eggs BAKED in, he got hives after an angel food cake... so I'm trying so hard to figure out what the heck to feed this child! No eggs, dairy, soy or peanuts. That rules out  A LOT!!! He eats a lot of the same stuff, but we try to get all the necessary proteins and veggies, and he takes his multi-vitamins. That plus his green smoothies, hopefully he's getting all his "necessaries"! He is still taking 2 naps a day most days. 1-2 hours in the morning from around 9 to 11, and then at 1:30 or 2 till around 3:30 in the afternoon. And then he sleeps 11 1/2 to 12 hours at night. He also ADORES books! He just wants to sit and have you read one book after another. LOVES them! He gets excited and just giggles and kicks his legs when I pull one out and sit down.
Since he doesn't sweat (except for his feet!LOL!) we have to limit one of his favorite past times (in the summer), being outside! He LOVES to be outside. Just wants to walk, and swing, and attempt to run... I feel bad, but we've gotta make sure his body temperature stays at a normal level or he could over-heat, have a seizure, etc. We have started to come up with creative solutions though. We went to the free splash pad today at the Drew Wellness Center. It was so fun for them, and it kept him cool, without me worrying about either one drowing! :)
I'm also trying to break him of hitting. Sometimes I wonder if he hits just so he can kiss and make up.... seriously. We've had to start time outs and leaving him by himself for 1 1/2 minutes. That seems more of a punishment than anything else! Hopefully it continues to work!
This little boy LOVES LOVES LOVES his big sister! When she went to Florida with my parents on a trip for a few days, he just fussed and fussed and pointed at her room and just kept signing "please" and saying  "ma, ma, ma" and then pointing at her room and signing "please" again. It was so cute! She loves him, she's just not quite at "enthralled" with him as he is her. He honestly kind of annoys her a majority of the time. He was great until he started liking to play with her things and hit, and knock her over... he has a love-hit (no, that's not a typo) with people. We're working on the proper style of discipline....

This is one of their favorite things to do right now, in the back yard. I love it, because they can play like that happily for over a hour! I just sit and watch... :)! SOOOO NICE!

Now, for Madilyn. I've taken so long on Levi that L vv
m8 b g n m (yeah, that's Levi sitting on my laptop and continually trying to put his foot on the keyboard) and sitting in my lap taking my face in his hands and kissing me and giggling... I think he wants my attention... Madilyn will be next...My goal is to write about her tomorrow. I will too! :)

Till then,

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment