Friday, October 23, 2009

6 months!!!!

I should have posted this sooner, but we just went to the doctor on Wednesday for Madilyn's 6 month appointment, so now I have her "stats". :)
Madilyn turned 1/2 of a year old on October 17th... she's growing up so quickly! I say that every month, but I just can't believe it! Here are a few of her new things going on:
She is 15 lbs exactly! That is in the 25th percentile
She is 26 1/2 inches long, which is the 75th percentile. (where'd she get that?)
Her head is 17" around, which is 50-75th percentile.

She is sitting up on her own better and better each day completely unsupported! She has started kind of "lunging" for things from her sitting position and ending up on her tummy all frustrated, and wanting to move forward so badly. She just ends up either on her back, or going in a circle... poor thing!! :)
She's still sleeping through the night. She goes to bed between 8 and 8:30p depending on when she woke up that morning, and whether or not she took good naps... :) She then will sleep until somewhere between 6am and 7am. She's a good sleeper!
She also went with me to the library for the first time the other day! We had a great time, and she LOVED all of the books. We spend some good time looking at all of the board books that they have for babies, and then we looked for books for mommy. I will say one thing, I will never go back to the library w/out 2 things... a stroller or my drivers license. The reason I didn't have my driver's license was because it was in her diaper bag from when we were at the fair, and I of COURSE left that one at home... AND I didn't have a Lexington County library card yet. So, we disturbed all of the library patrons and workers with my darling daughters high pitched, excited squeals for 45 minutes... just to walk out of the library empty handed. Oh well... I'll have to try again another time and will be better prepared! :)
That's about it for now... I will be posting some cute pictures that I took for her 6 month birthday very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment