Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sitting up, baby dedication and more...

So... the latest... Madilyn is sitting up all on her own! She still tumbles just a little bit here and there, so I put the boppy behind her, but she will sit there and play. She likes her independence so much that unless she's sleeping, she does not really like to lay back anymore, she wants to sit! She will strain to sit up on her own until I pull her up. Oh, the day when she can do it on her own, I will be in trouble! :)
Madilyn is moving up in the foods she has eaten world! :) She has eaten squash, bananas (she seems to be sensitive to these, so we may not do bananas again for a while) sweet peas, sweet potatoes, apples and pears. She loves all of it too! It's so cute! One of my friends gives her little one avocado and I have read what a good food it is. I may be mashing some up for Madilyn since I read it's ok for 4-6 month olds... we'll have to see what the doctor says. She also loved gnawing on carrots and celery and we put apple pieces into this mesh thing she can hold so I don't have to worry about her getting chunks of apple out and choking on it. She really loves chewing on that and getting all that apple flavor out!!
Also, lately... I am beginning to think that Madilyn just might be teething. I have been saying that for the last week or two, but I am beginning to think I am right. Today at church she had a couple of, shall we say, "blowouts". It is such a blessing to have such sweet great people working in the nursery that changed her, and put clean clothes on her... but man, I guess it was an interesting task that Madilyn found quite funny! She also is chewing on anything she can get her hands on... drool is quite abundant, and I keep thinking I can see something in her gums on the bottom... but then I think it's my imagination. Plus, this little cutie pie, has been having trouble with naps... these are all signs... lets just hope that the ultimate sign... a little tooth... comes poking out soon, or we may be having to go to the doctor a little before her next well visit.
On Saturday October 3rd we had a baby dedication with a few of our friends from Sunday school! It was so nice! Adam Beam's dad is a pastor and he dedicated the 4 babies that day. It was so nice to make that commitment to raise Madilyn in a Godly home and to be a good example for her. But it was also nice that the friends and family were also brought into the commitment. It was a very neat ceremony. Then, we all had a picnic and there was some really yummy food!! We may still go through the dedication ceremony with Shandon (our church) next Spring since my parents and grandparents couldn't make it on Saturday, but I am glad that we were able to while Madilyn was still young.
Well, that's about it for now!! Here's some pictures of Madilyn showing how she can sit up on her own, and also of the dedication and some other fun things. Enjoy!!!A family picture... Madilyn wasn't sure she wanted to look at the camer, she was being just a little bit stubborn, but you can see her in her cute dress that Grama picked out before she destroyed it with sweet potatoes at lunch time. I thought her bib would cover the dress enough... but she got to it with her little hands!! :)

Mommy and her little sweet pea

Here I am trying to get her ready, and she is chewing on a hanger...

It's like she's saying "what is this?!", it was her first time sitting in grass, she's so cute!

Here's my favorite picture. You can see how well she's sitting up, and she's got her heart melting smile... LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment