Thursday, April 8, 2010

My poor baby!

I must start off by saying, I had NO IDEA how exhausted I would be once Madilyn became a sturdy walker. She is everywhere and into everything... all before her first birthday!
Ok, now, I must say that although she is sturdier than she was, and no longer need to hold my hand or a toy to roam around, she trips A LOT! I know that is very common for new toddlers, but it still makes me nervous. Before Madilyn was walking I saw those toddler helmets on amazon.com that you can use when your child first starts walking, and I thought, how silly, is it that serious. To me, YES, I have considered it! I know it will get better, but man, she sure does fall a lot, and hard! I feel so horrible! She has a bruise on her forehead from the corner of the dishwasher, by her eye from the washer/dryer, above the eye from our kitchen stools... and the list goes on. Today, my mom (who watches her while I am at work) called and told me that while they were at the book store, she fell and hit her cheek on a bookshelf and now has a nice sized bruise on her cheek. MAN! My poor baby! I hate when she gets hurt, even if it is partially because of her absolute need to try to run and maintain full independence on all of her decisions on where she wants to go. It's so hard not to hover and be a "helicopter parent" as my pediatrician calls me :) ..... I want her to get more study and better at walking, but it's hard to see her fall and get those yucky bruises!
Also, my daughter is in the process of getting her 5th and 6th tooth, fighting her allergies to this horrible yellow disgusting pollen (can you tell I have allergies too?). The poor thing, she's got bruises all over her face with snot running down her nose like her nose is a faucet and her gums all swollen from all the teeth she's getting. It's a surprise she smiles at me! HA! Who ever said being a toddler was easy?! lol!
Well, her 1 year well visit is coming up, and her birthday is on the 17th!!!! I'll make sure to get plenty of pictures then! Until then, here's my favorite latest photo:Shows her personality huh? :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture of her!! LOVE the expression on her face :)

    ReplyDelete