Saturday, March 20, 2010

11 months on March 17th!

When Madilyn turned 11 months on... what was it, Wednesday, I completely forgot! Poor thing, she shouldn't worry though, I will DEFINITELY not forget her 1 yr birthday though.
So, throughout this last month she has had a few firsts!
1. Madilyn can take up to 20 steps on her own!
2. Madilyn can stand on her own, and squat to pick something up
3. She says a few words : truck, dog, kitty kitty, daddy, mommy, papa, grandma, and a few other words we still don't know what she's trying to say :).
4. She's learned more signs. She knows drink, more, please, eat, drink, hungry, all done, up, down, and milk.
5. She dances!!! She loves music and will dance to just about anything.
6. Her hair is getting so long. (I will post an 11 month picture soon). I try to keep bows in her hair as much as possible when she doesn't pull it out, otherwise her hair is in her eyes.
7. She had her first ear infection :(... and I think she has allergies, but she's still happy a majority of the time! :)
8. She has preferences to which book she wants me to read her at bedtime and during the day. She mostly likes one with dogs in them!!!
There may be more firsts this month, but at the moment, I can't quite think of them!
I have decided that for her first birthday, since she has a recent obsession with dogs, we are going to do Pink Poodles! We're just gonna have a little party @ home with family, but I wanted to have some sort of theme for the cake. I found the cutest picture of a cake that's in the shape of a poodle and when Madilyn saw it she said "dog" for like the next 1o minutes. I decided then and there that it was the cake I had to make!
She's getting a little bit better about drinking milk... she'll take sips gradually. I have been making smoothies, and so she will drink those a bit more readily. I also found a way to get her to eat cheese.... the spreadable cheese by laughing cow... she LOVES it! She even licks her fingers when it gets on them! She also has been obsessed with any kind of fruit lately. She is definitely not allergic to strawberries, I know for sure based on how often she has been eating them lately and shoving them into her mouth as fast as I can get pieces of it onto her tray. Some foods she likes one day and not the next so it can be hit or miss. We just try to fit in all of the food groups and enough calories and dairy.
Well, that's it for now, I will post pictures as soon as I take some this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment