Thursday, April 9, 2009

38 weeks, 5 days (39 wk appointment)

So.... no progress as of yet... :0)
Madilyn is still holding on, and staying comfy! Man, that girl will probably be a cuddler! She certainly is liking it in there! There is no dilation at all, same effacement, and she's in the same position. She's still head down, heart rate is perfect, and I am good as far as weight gain, and blood pressure is perfect. As glad as I am that everything is so "normal" and "perfect", I was hoping for progress!! Ha! It's ok though, all in God's timing. We don't want her coming out too soon. Our next appointment is on April 15th, 2 days before our due date. We will have an ultrasound to see how Madilyn is doing, how the placenta, amniotic fluid, etc. is doing. If ANYTHING is not where it should be, I will be induced then. If everything is going great, they will schedule an induction for my 41 week mark, and hope I go into labor on my own before then. I am hoping that I will go into labor, or at least dilate, because to be induced with a cervix that is at 0 cm is almost always looking for a c-section, so we will pray for a different turn out! What would be really a blessing, is to go into labor on my own before the 14th!! I am getting my walking shoes out!
The good thing, is that I am finally getting great sleep. It really helps with my whole outlook, and I know it will help me when it comes time to push my sweet little girl into this world. I cannot wait to meet her! John and I get more and more excited every day! All I know, is that within 15 days OR LESS we will be holding Madilyn.... that is so amazing!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyways, just wanted to update on the baby, and the mommy!
I'll post again with some pictures of our recliner later.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe she'll be an Easter baby! By the way, I was induced at only 1 cm, so don't worry too much!

    Glad I found your blog! Hopefully we can see each other Sunday!

    ReplyDelete