Monday, April 27, 2009

The first week

Madilyn was officially 1 week old on Friday... what a week it has been!! She is doing great, and mommy and daddy are exhausted, but still in awe of our beautiful baby! At her appointment on Thursday, she was up to 7 lbs. 7 oz., so she had gained 6 oz. in 2 1/2 days! We won the baby/mommy feeding award! I certainly felt it though, you feel like you are constantly nursing, but it's all worth it when she gaining the right weight and growing so wonderfully. I just remind myself that it is short-lived and it's completely worth it. All I have to do is look at her sweet face, and I smile... she is so stinkin cute! :0)
We have a wonderful Sunday school class that is bringing us meals, and my parents have also been great. My mom has made my house cleaner than it's been, probably since we moved in! She is truly a blessing, I have not felt stressed out at all since I have gotten home. John and I feel truly blessed and taken care of. We are so thankful for the awesome people that are in our lives.
I don't have pictures to post at the moment, my mom has the card to print out pictures of the cutie pie, but I will post more soon!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you. Hang in there. You are really in the "tired" part. It is wonderful to have great help. Moms are priceless. Can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete